Extra Curricular Activities
A wide range of extra-curricular activities and clubs are available to pupils to suit all ages and preferences. Secondary and Post-16 pupils participate in the Extended Schools Lunch Clubs which has identified several outcomes that are important to our pupils:
- Improved health and fitness.
- Increased Enjoyment and Achievement
- Improved social inclusion for pupils.
- Enhanced social interaction between classes.
The school also encourages pupils to participate or make use of community-based facilities and activities including the local swimming pool, Hydrotherapy pool in Daisy Hill Hospital Newry, Horse-riding clubs and a number of trips throughout the year.
Extended Schools Council:
Pupils are directly involved in the planning and delivery of certain activities during our Extended Schools Lunch Clubs.
Rathore Extended Schools Council does a number of things:
- The school council meets - with a teacher present - to discuss any area of interest or importance to the pupils. These may include activity planning ideas for how to spend funding.
- Members of the school council are responsible for carrying out the ideas that have been agreed, such as planning an end of term event or deciding what equipment to purchase for use during the Lunch Clubs.